If you are not a current member of the University of Cambridge, please note the following rules for using the Divinity Library:
1. During term time: only current members of the University may access the Divinity Library.
This policy has two reasons:
- to prioritise our resources for our core users,
- to enable library staff to focus on our core users and the work which will be of benefit to current members of the University of Cambridge.
2. Unlike the UL, no alumni or alumnae can borrow from the Divinity Library.
3. Current members of
- the Cambridge Theological Federation,
- Tyndale House, or
- any members of 31 colleges of the University of Cambridge are welcome to
access the Divinity Library any time during its opening hours. If they have a blue University card, they can also borrow books.
4. Official visiting scholars of
- the University of Cambridge
- any of the 31 colleges of the University of Cambridge
- the Cambridge Theological federation, or
- Tyndale House
may access and borrow from the Library for the time of them living in Cambridge. They should make themselves known at the Issue Desk.
If visiting scholars would like to have borrowing rights, they should please note that from 1 December 2016, we require (as the UL) an Application for Borrowing form to be completed by the supporting institution.
If you have any questions about access, please contact us in advance of your visit.