Christian Theology Senior Seminar
The graduate seminar in Christian Theology meets fortnightly each term. It’s a lively and friendly forum for graduate students and senior members. A wide range of topics are discussed relating to Christian theology, often with a philosophical, historical, or exegetical dimension, as well as themes of from ethics and Christian practice.
The seminars are open to all graduates and senior members, and others on request to Dr Andrew Davison (email@example.com), the seminar convenor.
Lent Term 2017 Programme
The seminar meets on Wednesdays at 2.30 pm in the Lightfoot Room.
- 25th January: 'Speech in the Divine Life: A Christian Consideration with reference to Islamic Theology'~ Joshua Ralston
- 8th February: 'One single thing that you can call holy': The Stations of the Cross and Theological Imagination in Modern London’ ~ Ayla Lepine
- 22nd February: 'The Recognition of Virtue and the Virtues of Recognition' ~ David Neaum
- 8th March: ‘Scale’ ~ Nick Adams
Easter Term 2017 Progamme
The details below are subject to change.
- 3rd May: Title TBC ~ Jennifer Cooper
- 17th May - 'Against the Manichees: Migration, Exclusion and the Shaping of the Theo-political Imagination' ~ Anna Rowlands
- 31st May - ‘Son as Sign: semiotic aspects in Aquinas' trinitarian theology’ ~ Nathan Lyons