I am from Brooklyn, NY with stops in Boston, Los Angeles, and Austin. My wife and I have three beautiful little girls. My research traces the theme of perseverance through the body of the letter of James. I am fascinated by the process of biblical interpretation and I aim to communicate the text with clarity and relevance. I have spent ten years in pastoral ministry, and I am a proud graduate of Talbot School of Theology (DMin, ThM, MDiv) and Boston College (BA).
Subject area and speciality
- New Testament specialists:
Persevering Through Testing: A Thematic Study of the Epistle of James
- Christian Apologetics
- Instructor, Institute of Biblical Studies--Cru, 2016.
- Biblical Interpretation
- Biblical Communication
- Adjunct Faculty, New Testament, Biola University, 2014-2015.
- Salvation in the New Testament
- New Testament History and Literature
- Research Assistant-- to J.Kent Edwards, Preaching, Talbot School of Theology, 2009-2010.
- Teaching Assistant-- to Clinton E. Arnold, New Testament, Talbot School of Theology, 2009.
- Introduction to Exegesis, Exegesis in the Epistles.
Other Professional Activities
- Society of Biblical Literature
- Evangelical Theological Society