I am a first year doctoral student, researching the message of the epistle of James. After about a decade in pastoral ministry, I aim to have a role at the intersection of academia and the church. With degrees from Boston College (BA) and Talbot School of Theology (MDiv, ThM, DMin), I have experience interacting and ministering in different contexts. In research, teaching, and preaching, I am fascinated by the process of biblical interpretation and how it leads to spiritual formation. My wife Sanjung and I have three little girls: Joanna, Josephine, and Jessica. My interests include reading, cooking, and American football.
Subject area and speciality
- New Testament specialists:
Persevering Through Testing: A Thematic Study of the Epistle of James
- Christian Apologetics
- Instructor, Institute of Biblical Studies--Campus Crusade for Christ, 2016.
- Biblical Interpretation
- Biblical Communication
- Adjunct Faculty, New Testament, Biola University, 2014-2015.
- Salvation in the New Testament
- New Testament History and Literature
- Research Assistant-- to J.Kent Edwards, Preaching, Talbot School of Theology, 2009-2010.
- Teaching Assistant-- to Clinton E. Arnold, New Testament, Talbot School of Theology, 2009.
- Introduction to Exegesis, Exegesis in the Epistles.
Other Professional Activities
- Society of Biblical Literature
- Evangelical Theological Society