Subject area and speciality
- New Testament specialists:
Jesus' death and heavenly offering in the epistle to the Hebrews
- The Epistle to the Hebrews
- Theology of the atonement
- The New Testament use of the Old
- Theological and practical ecclesiology
- Greek grammar and linguistics
- Affiliated Lecturer in New Testament Greek, Faculty of Divinity, University of Cambridge. Teaching A1b Elementary Greek. Fall 2015 – present.
- Supervisor, Faculty of Divinity, University of Cambridge. For A3 (Jesus and the Origins of the Gospel), B1b (Second-Year Greek), and C3 (New Testament Christology). January 2016 – present.
- Garrett Fellow (grader and teaching assistant), Boyce College and the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, KY. Marked student essays and exams, lectured on subjects such as the Trinity, Christology, ecclesiology, Calvin, and English Puritanism. Fall 2012 – Summer 2014.
Other Professional Activities
- "The Theandric Messiah of Hebrews." New Testament Graduate Seminar, University of Cambridge. 6 October 2016.
- "The Son Who Became Son: Messiah, Exaltation, and Divine Christology in Hebrews." British New Testament Conference. 2 September 2016.
- "Transfiguring the Cross: Jesus’ Death, Blood, and Heavenly Offering in Hebrews." Oxbridge Biblical Studies Conference. 29 April 2016.
- "Hebrews 9:23 and the Heavenly Sanctuary: Purification, Inauguration, Both, or Neither?" Annual Meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society. Atlanta, GA. 18 November 2015.
- "Christ’s Heavenly Offering as the Goal of his Incarnation: A Fresh Reading of Heb 10:5–14." New Testament Graduate Seminar, University of Cambridge. 3 November 2015.
- "Aligning Jesus’ Death, Entrance to heaven, and Self-Offering in Hebrews: An Assessment of Scholarship and a Way Forward." New Testament Graduate Seminar, University of Cambridge. 26 May 2015.
- "What Is the Problem Here? The Plight of Humanity in Hebrews." Muted Voices: Neglected Texts and Early Christian Identities. Durham University. 17 April 2015.
- Co-authored with Jonathan T. Pennington, “After Deponency: Connecting the Middle Voice to Other Elements of Greek Grammar and Teaching it to Students.” Biblical Greek Language and Linguistics Section of the Society of Biblical Literature Annual Meeting. Chicago, IL. 19 November, 2012.
- British New Testament Society
Other Academic Activities
- Co-chair, Cambridge New Testament Graduate Seminar, 2015 – present
- Graduate Representative, New Testament Subject Committee, University of Cambridge Divinity Faculty, January 2016 – present
"Hebrews 9.23: Cult Inauguration, Yom Kippur, and the Cleansing of the Heavenly Tabernacle." New Testament Studies 62.4 (2016): 569–87. Available here.
- Brant Pitre, Jesus and the Last Supper (Eerdmans, 2015). Reviewed in Theology, forthcoming.
- Grant Macaskill, Union with Christ in the New Testament (Oxford University Press, 2013). Reviewed in Themelios 39.1 (2014): 98–100. Available here.