skip to content

Faculty of Divinity

Bicycle. © University of Cambridge. All rights reserved.


How to Claim for General Expenses 

When applying for a reimbursement of expenditure associated with University business, please complete the appropriate claim form below. 

  • Employees of Faculty of Divinity should claim expenses using the  system SAP Concur expenses system:
  • Please familiarise yourself with the rates and rules before your travel. All relevant information is available from the expenses hub.
Guests and Students

Please read the guidance for guests and students before preparing and submitting your claim.

The claims should be sent exclusively by email to and contain three files only:

  • the completed form (xls),
  • receipts (pdf) and
  • a redacted bank statement (pdf, it will be used to verify your bank details).

All receipts and bank statement need to be of good quality and legible. Receipts are to be saved as one file, in the order they are listed on the claim. The amounts on receipts and the claim need to match each other, and any differences should be explained. 

In case of many receipts (e.g. meal for several days, purchasing several books), please provide their breakdown in a separate spreadsheet and enter the total amount on the form. Attach the spreadsheet with the breakdown to the email with your claim.

Usual claims will be for travel and subsistence. Please note the limits for accommodation, breakfast, lunch and dinner (as in Nov 2022) – respectively £120, £10, £10, £25. Preferred mode of travel is public transport and claiming mileage should be justified and approved in advance (attach printscreen of map showing relevant postal codes and distance).

Please do not send any hard copy claims nor receipts. 

Air Travel 

If you are claiming air travel which you booked yourself, please supply a boarding pass and booking confirmation with passenger's name, travel details and cost. 

Payments in sterling or foreign currencies

  • Reimbursements will be paid in sterling by bank transfer, unless another currency is specified. The claimed amount must be expressed as one amount in one currency only. 
  • Foreign currencies can be paid into a personal bank account, but please supply your foreign bank details: Bank Name, Bank Address, Account Holders details and IBAN no. /SWIFT code 

Purchases and Service Contracts

Please contact the Senior Accounts Clerk in advance to discuss procedures to follow if you need to purchase goods or services. This basic procedure presents the steps to and required documents. Please note - these must be fulfilled PRIOR to placing an order with a supplier.

University of Cambridge VAT registration number is: GB 823 8476 09.

Research Seminar Expenses 

To process claims for Research Seminar expenses we need the appropriate reference (see below) 

  • Old Testament Seminar: Excel - ref. GFSB.EZZZ 

  • New Testament Seminar: Excel - ref. GFSA.EZZZ 

  • Christian Theology Seminar: Excel - ref. GFSE.EZZZ 

  • History of Christianity Seminar: Excel - ref. GFNF.EZZZ 

  • The D Society: Excel - ref. GFNE.EZZZ 

  • Religious Studies Seminar: Excel - ref. GFSC.EZZZ 

  • Hebrew, Jewish, Early Christian Studies Seminar: Excel - ref. GFSF.EZZZ 

  • Patristic Seminar: Excel - ref. GFSD.EZZZ 

  • World Christianities Seminar: Excel - ref. GFSG.EZZZ 

  • Inter-Faith Seminar: Excel – ref. GFSH.EZZZ

Visiting Scholars / Students Expenses

Initial visitor applications are made via the Faculty Administrator - please see Academic Visitors' webpage for further information. There is a termly charge (Bench Fee) for all visiting scholars/students to the Faculty of Divinity and the Cambridge Interfaith Programme (CIP). You will be informed by the Faculty Administrator before you arrive how much your Bench Fee will be. Details on how to pay these expenses are outlined below:


Payment for your visit is easy.  You can pay by credit/debit card following the appropriate links below:

Visitors' online payment and forms

If your University is paying the Bench Fee, we can raise an invoice for your university or they can pay via the University Online Store.


Current students and supervisors can access the Faculty’s Moodle page by clicking on the image below.